Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Giving Thanks

  • For great friends that you can always count on.
  • For books like 7 habits of highly effective people, 7 principles for making a marriage work, parenting that works, Scrum guide (Odd but has good stuff for all aspects of life)
  • For regaining the focus and values I once had in life.
  • For a job that I enjoy.
  • For the community of Crofton.
  • For those that volunteer and don't expect anything in return.
  • For my two healthy, smart, loving boys.
  • For my mom.
  • For my dad.
  • For my grandparents.
  • For my other mom (Helen-Sue).
  • For my best friend (Wes).
  • For my therapist.
  • For EMDR, that stuff is bringing back some good old memories.
  • For the people in my past that gave me positive and negative experiences. For the negative things I have learned from them and forgiven you for those. For the positive experiences, I hold onto those and try to implement them in the way that was impressed on me.
  • For three stray cats in our backyard that we feed.
  • For all the animals that have been a part of my life and touched me deeply.
  • For leaves that provide shade during the summer eventhough you always fall to the ground and we have to pick you up every year.
  • For my hammock.
  • For my camera and the pictures it has captured over the years.
  • For unselfish teammates and to sacrificing myself for the greater good of the team.
  • For learning how to share feelings.
  • For patience.
  • For focusing on the positive. 
  • For my puffy coat that keeps me warm.
  • For the floor heat in my car.
  • For crossfit.
  • For my bike and the freedom and natural highs it provides me when I am rolling through the country side and the endorphins are kicking in.
  • For Jackson Hole, Wyoming. 
  • Sadly I must admit that I am thankful for Taco Bell and Mountain Dew.
  • For a nice cup of hot Dunkin Donuts Original Blend home brewed coffee. Nothing smells much better than that in the morning.
  • For learning to support my kids in whatever they choose to do. I will not live vicariously through my kids and try to push them to do what I wanted to do. If you want to do the ribbon event in gymnastics, I will be right there with you and will love every minute of it.
  • For friends that would rather go out rucking on Friday night then go to a bar.
  • For empathic people.

To be continued ...

No comments:

Post a Comment